Passwords are the second line of defense behind the Travelin' Man 3 Firewall. On the Incredible PBX platform, there are two groups of passwords. Some are set in the Linux CLI after logging in as root using SSH, and others are set in the FreePBX GUI after logging in as admin using a browser.
1. Linux root password. You can change your root password by issuing the command:
2. FreePBX admin password. This must be set before you can login to FreePBX as admin with a browser:
3. Apache admin password. This must be set before you can login to web apps as admin including AvantFax, Reminders, and AsteriDex:
4. AvantFax admin password. This must be set before you can login to the AvantFax web application:
5. WebMin root password. The root password to access WebMin is the same as your Linux root password.
1. Extension Passwords. The passwords standing between your PBX and a huge phone bill are extension passwords. These are set in the FreePBX GUI by navigating to each configured extension:
Applications -> Extensions
2. Voicemail PINs. The Password assigned to voicemail for each extension allows callers to access and manage voicemails for the respective extensions:
Applications -> Extensions -> Voicemail
3. Trunk Passwords. The passwords standing between your trunk providers and a huge phone bill are trunk passwords. These are set in the FreePBX GUI by navigating to each configured trunk:
Connectivity -> Trunks
4. DISA PINs. The PIN assigned to DISA extensions allows callers to place calls using the dialing rules set on your PBX:
Applications -> DISA
5. Conference PINs. The PIN assigned to a Conference extension allows callers to join the conference by dialing the conference extension:
Applications -> Conferences
6. Telephone Reminders PIN. The PIN assigned to Telephone Reminders allows anyone dialing 123 to schedule a reminder at any designated phone number:
grep Authenticate /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf | cut -f 3 -d ","
7. AnveoDirect Outbound Calling PIN. The PIN authorizing calls through your AnveoDirect trunk, if any:
Connectivity -> Trunks -> anveo-out